- Department: Retreats and Journey
- Reports to: Retreats Director
- Work Context: This job will be performed primarily on location at Camp Eagle.
- Terms of Employment: Spring/Fall Crew Members will be hired on an as-needed basis.
This is a perfect job for those in high school or just about to enter high school. The purpose of this job is to fulfill our mission by participating in enhancing the guest’s experience through working on meal preparations, dish cleans, stocking and/or organizing inventory in the dining hall, light-duty and cleaning around the camp property.
Camp Eagle exists to inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships, and biblical truth. Spring/Fall Crew Members will be critical in helping Camp Eagle staff to uphold this mission by assisting in practical duties and maintaining a Christ-like attitude of service and self-sacrificing love.
Frequent Job Tasks:
The most frequent needs for this role will be related to food preparation, food service, dish cleans, and general housekeeping. Other age-appropriate tasks may be needed from time to time. Training will be provided “on the job” at Camp Eagle.
Crew Employees Must:
Be at least 14 years old. Have a work permit if under 18 years old. Be motivated to honor God through your work at Camp Eagle and your daily lives. Be willing to learn new skills as needed to serve the mission of Camp Eagle. Attend each work shift you are assigned.
Camp Eagle will pay each crew member the minimum wage as required by the State of Texas, currently, $7.25 per hour worked. Time will be logged by the employee and approved by the Retreats Director. Other benefits may include meals provided during meal times when guests and/or staff are served and lodging as needed when working several days in succession.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS:
Texas law requires the following:
- 14-15-year-olds may not work more than 3 hours during a school day, including Fridays; or more than 18 hours in a school week.
- May not work between 10 pm-5 am before a school day.
- May not work between midnight and 5 am before a non-school day or summer recess.
- Texas law provides that 14 and 15-year olds may work no more than 8 hours per day and no more than 48 hours in a week; may not work between 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. before a school day; may not work between midnight and 5:00 a.m. before a non-school day, and may not work between midnight and 5:00 a.m. during the summer recess. No more than 3 hours during a school day, including Fridays; or more than 18 hours in a school week. No work during the school day.
- No work between 7 pm – 7 am during the school year.
- If not enrolled in Summer School, 14 and 15-year-olds may work between 7 am and 9 pm from June 1 through Labor Day.
- There are no limitations on hours of work for children who are 16 or 17 years old.
All adults working with the service crew will have completed:
- A background check.
- Sexual Abuse and Awareness Training.
For a complete list of regulations regarding the employment of minors, visit:
HOW TO APPLY:
- Go to campeagle.org/apply
- You will need to create your own account with your own email if you do not have one already.
- Follow the prompts on the application screen to answer all the questions.
- Upload a resume.
LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING AND CHALLENGING SUMMER JOB?
As people come to us from all over the country (and sometimes beyond), our goal is to proclaim the Gospel and provide an opportunity for God to move radically in the hearts of those who earnestly need Him. We are always looking for others to join us in stepping into the unknown, the uncomfortable, the messiness of human life and who are willing to learn what it means to serve others humbly and wholly.